Donate & Support Lambert House
We invite you to become a Lambert House supporter, or to continue your support, as one of a very special group of people who are uniquely dedicated to helping at-risk lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.
By making a donation, you can ensure that Lambert house's efforts to safeguard and uplift young people's lives continue to grow and meet the ever-increasing need in our community.
Your gift will help ensure a bright and confident future for LGBTQ youth.
Lambert house is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization registered with the Washington Secretary of State.
Contributions are tax deductible and our Federal Tax ID number is 94-3036815.
Please visit our volunteer page for more information about opportunities and an application.
Some employers match volunteer hours with a cash gift. Be sure to check with your supervisor or benefits officer for details and log your volunteer hours with your employers matching program.
A quick and easy way for you to help us provide a safe place for LGBTQ youth is to designate a portion of your salary to be deducted from your paycheck via your workplace giving campaign. First, check to see if Lambert House is listed and designate Lambert House to ensure that we receive one-hundred percent of your donation. If we are not in the book or list, then add our name to the write-in column. If your workplace does not participate in a giving campaign, they may offer another option or even match the gift, so please check with your benefits officer.
Donate Goods and Services
Lambert House receives many donated goods and services which helps us put more of our dollars toward programming. Examples that include, but are not limited to, are:
- Printing services
- Movie passes or tickets to events for youth
- Gift certificates (Safeway, QFC, REI, Walgreens, Target, Office Depot, Costco, Subway, Gameworks, etc.)
- $1000 and up gift certificates for furniture and flooring (IKEA, Lowe's, Home Depot, Neilson Bros., etc.)
- Paper goods (eco-friendly plates, napkins, c-fold paper towels, eco-friendly flatware, etc)
- Electrician services
- Piano tuning
- Nail polish, socks, lip balm, phone calling cards, beading kits.
- Hoodies, t-shirts, fleece sweaters/jackets, (small to 3XL), beanie caps, slippers, and gloves.
- Craft kits, journals, overnight bags, bookbags, totes, makeup bags, sleeping bags, and daypacks.
- Small handheld video games, MP3 players, headphones, and flashlights.
- Small bottles of lotion and new and unused travel size personal care products,
- Unopened chocolate/candy (ideally high quality)
Lambert House has a wish list on Amazon (click the button below) of items for youth, and items that will offset operational costs. These include books, movies, gift cards, trash can liners, printer toner, and much more!
We also have a wish list of other items here. All clothing must be new, not used, due to limited space for storing. Items may be dropped off during our drop-in hours Monday through Friday 4-9:30pm. Please contact us for other arrangements or if you have questions.
Employer Match - Double Your Gift
Many employers match their employees' charitable giving. Please check with your supervisor or benefits officer at your workplace to see if your employer will match your gift.
Make a Monthly Donation
Spread out your gift by pledging a monthly donation to Lambert House. Monthly donations may be given by paper check, credit card, or electronic bank withdrawal. Call Ken at 206.322.2515 extension *811.
Third Party Fundraising Events
If you would like to host an event to benefit Lambert House -- including but not limited to a rummage sale, a house party, or a bar/restaurant event -- let us know! And don't hesitate to call for assistance.
Donate Appreciated Assets
Gifts of appreciated securities that have been held for more than 18 months may be deducted at full market value on the date of transfer to Lambert House. When you give Lambert House a gift of stock that has increased in value you:
- Claim a charitable gift deduction on your current year taxes
- Don't pay capital gains taxes you would owe if you sold the stock yourself
- Don't pay broker fees on the sale
- To receive the full tax benefit, it is important to donate your appreciated stock directly to Lambert House and have us, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, sell it.
Car Donation Program
Buying a new car? Getting rid of an old one? Selling isn’t your only option. We’ve teamed up with Donate for Charity to make donating your vehicle easy. It’s a win for all: you get a minimum $500 tax deduction (or higher, depending on what your car sells for), and Lambert House receives the net proceeds to support our program.
By donating your car, you’ll avoid the headache of selling a used vehicle. Whether the vehicle is running or not, Donate For Charity can help process the donation. We certainly appreciate our donors considering this option as a way to help support our cause. You can either click on the link provided Vehicle Donation Form, or call Donate For Charity directly at (866) 392-4483.
These are only some of the ways to help Lambert House. Contact us if you have questions about any of these opportunities or have another idea for how you can help!