Donate & Support Lambert House
We invite you to become a Lambert House supporter, or to continue your support, as one of a very special group of people who are uniquely dedicated to helping at-risk lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.
By making a donation, you can ensure that Lambert house's efforts to safeguard and uplift young people's lives continue to grow and meet the ever-increasing need in our community.
Your gift will help ensure a bright and confident future for LGBTQ youth.
Lambert house is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization registered with the Washington Secretary of State.
Contributions are tax deductible and our Federal Tax ID number is 94-3036815.
A quick and easy way for you to help us provide a safe place for LGBTQ youth is to designate a portion of your salary to be deducted from your paycheck via your workplace giving campaign. First, check to see if Lambert House is listed and designate Lambert House to ensure that we receive one-hundred percent of your donation. If we are not in the book or list, then add our name to the write-in column. If your workplace does not participate in a giving campaign, they may offer another option or even match the gift, so please check with your benefits officer.
Donate Goods and Services
Lambert House receives many donated goods and services which helps us put more of our dollars toward programming. Examples include, but are not limited to, are:
- Printing services
- Movie passes or tickets to events for youth
- Gift certificates (Safeway, QFC, REI, Walgreens, Target, Office Depot, Costco, Subway, Gameworks, etc.)
- $1000 and up gift certificates for furniture and flooring (IKEA, Lowe's, Home Depot, Neilson Bros., etc.)
- Paper goods (eco-friendly plates, napkins, c-fold paper towels, eco-friendly flatware, etc)
- Electrician & plumbing services
- Piano tuning
- Clothing, but must be brand new or in new condition. We have limited storage space and limited capacity to sort clothing, so we cannot take general bulk donations of used clothing. Should be sorted and meet priorities for youth (size S-3XL):
- Warm winter clothing, hoodies, fleece sweaters/jackets, beanie caps, slippers, gloves/mittens
- Formal/semi-formal for social events, job interviews, and/or can be worn at work
- Socks & underwear - women's and men's styles
- New Halloween costumes
- Outdoor recreation supplies including snow gear in a variety of sizes, new hiking boots in a variety of sizes, hiking backpacks, etc. Contact us for specific needs.
- Nail polish, socks, lip balm, phone calling cards, beading kits
- Craft kits, journals, overnight bags, bookbags, totes, makeup bags, sleeping bags, and daypacks
- Small handheld video games, MP3 players, headphones, and flashlights
- Small bottles of lotion and new and unused travel size personal care products
- Unopened chocolate/candy (ideally high quality)
Lambert House has an Amazon Wish List of items for youth programs, and items that will offset operational costs. These include books, movies, gift cards, trash can liners, printer toner, and much more!
We also have a wish list of other items here. All clothing must be new, not used, due to limited space for storing. Items may be dropped off during our drop-in hours Monday through Friday 4-9:30pm. Please contact us for other arrangements or if you have questions.
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Shop at your local Fred Meyer? You can help Lambert House by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card with their Community Rewards program and designate Lambert House as your benefiting charity. When you use your linked Rewards Card (or Rewards phone number), Fred Meyer will donate a percentage of your eligible purchases to Lambert House - you still get your rewards points, fuel points, and rebates! For more information including how to sign up, see the Community Rewards FAQ page.
Employer Match - Double Your Gift
Many employers match their employees' charitable giving. Please check with your supervisor or benefits officer at your workplace to see if your employer will match your gift.
Make a Monthly Donation
Spread out your gift by pledging a monthly donation to Lambert House. Monthly donations may be given by paper check, credit card, or electronic bank withdrawal. Call Ken at 206.322.2515 extension *811.
Third Party Fundraising Events
If you would like to host an event to benefit Lambert House -- including but not limited to a rummage sale, a house party, a concert, or a bar/restaurant event -- let us know! And don't hesitate to call for assistance.
Donate Appreciated Assets
Gifts of appreciated securities that have been held for more than 18 months may be deducted at full market value on the date of transfer to Lambert House. When you give Lambert House a gift of stock that has increased in value you:
- Claim a charitable gift deduction on your current year taxes
- Don't pay capital gains taxes you would owe if you sold the stock yourself
- Don't pay broker fees on the sale
- To receive the full tax benefit, it is important to donate your appreciated stock directly to Lambert House and have us, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, sell it.
Car Donation Program
Buying a new car? Getting rid of an old one? Selling isn’t your only option. We’ve teamed up with Donate for Charity to make donating your vehicle easy. It’s a win for all: you get a minimum $500 tax deduction (or higher, depending on what your car sells for), and Lambert House receives the net proceeds to support our program.
By donating your car, you’ll avoid the headache of selling a used vehicle. Whether the vehicle is running or not, Donate For Charity can help process the donation. We certainly appreciate our donors considering this option as a way to help support our cause. You can either click on the link provided Vehicle Donation Form, or call Donate For Charity directly at (866) 392-4483.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Lambert House every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the registered charity of your choice - so designate Lambert House! To learn more about the AmazonSmile program, visit: http://smile.amazon.com/about/
The EqualityCard Project is an initiative to provide a giving platform to individuals from within the LGBT community, as well as straight allies and businesses, through which they can support LGBT non-profit organizations of their choosing. Visit equalitycardproject.com to apply for an EqualityCard credit card, designate Lambert House as your benefitiary, and use your card for purchases - it's that simple! Lambert House will receive a donation equal to 1% of all purchase you make using your EqualityCard.
Please visit our volunteer page for more information about opportunities and an application.
Some employers match volunteer hours with a cash gift. Be sure to check with your supervisor or benefits officer for details and log your volunteer hours with your employers matching program.